Wednesday, September 22, 2010

ten things

Instead of carrying on about what I haven't got, I thought I'd reflect on what I do have (for a change) and can't live without (for now)... not sure I can keep it to ten things tho, but here goes!
(in no particular order)


1. Jeans - granted I only get to wear them on weekends now, but I love jeans. It's a constant struggle not to buy more... and not a struggle I always win. In fact, this item is a bit of a cheat because at last count I think I had in excess of 10 pairs so technically I've already gone past my ten items. But, I guess if you put a gun to my head, it'd currently be a toss up between my Gap jeggings and my Defacto wide legged jeans. Ok, don't shoot! the Defactos!

2. American Apparel tri-blend racer back tanks - these stretch out so much (if you ever want to get some for yourself, size down. In fact, size down twice. Trust me.), I kinda hate the interlock finishing, and they look trashed pretty much from the second wash, but they're so comfortable and soooo flattering. A lot of tanks make me look kinda wide cos their straps are too far apart... these are just perfect, not to mention the drape is great (even when trashed), and hey... I kinda like the whole slightly grungy look sometimes. Not to mention, it still works for work under a blazer.

3. DvF wrap dress - can't live without this. Yes, you can get cheaper wraps but nothing compares to the fit on her wraps. Not to mention the great prints! They are formal enough for th office, but can be worn to dinner too. The ultimate day to night outfit. And they manage to make the most of your figure too! Beware fakes though... I'm not one to preach about the evils of buying fakes, but in relation to this on item, you gotta get the real deal. The fabric on the fakes are too stretchy so you lose the sculpting effect, which really just defeats the purpose.

4. Marni shoes - I'm not sure I can choose between my Marnis very easily, cos all the ones I have are just so lovely. More importantly though, I can walk in them (I only get their platforms), and that's not normally something that goes together with statement shoes. I guess if I had to pick one, it would have to be the colourblock wedges from a few seasons ago. Those never fail to make an outfit.

5. Jo Malone perfume - you're probably starting to see a theme here... massive cheating by just naming categories! But in the case of Jo Malone, her perfumes really don't stand alone (brilliant marketing plan btw... just brilliant). The whole point is to mix and match them... my current favourite though is their lovely new scent English Pear and Freesia. Just a beautiful fresh scent without being to floral or overblown.

6. Super wide legged Max.Tan pants - Had to give a shout out here to local designer Max.Tan. These are the pants I'd been dreaming about... and then one day I walked into their shop and there it was on the hanger. Just amazing. You have to wear them with super high heels, but when you do, the effect is stunning. An absolute showstopper... and the best part? One that is also office ready.

7. American vintage tissue weight long sleeved tee - the only way to wear long sleeved tees in this country. Believe me, I've tried the alternatives.

8. Watch - how could I forget! This actually is something I wear every day. I usually wear the steel Rolex my parents gave me as a wedding present, but with the cost of servicing being what it is, I might switch to something cheaper if it ever gives out. I mean I'm all for good watches and everything, but S$700 for servicing seems a little excessive.

9. Bag - now this is a really tough one. It's like being asked to tell someone which of your children you love best... hmm... maybe not a good comparison. I suspect most parents actually could answer that, although they might not want to admit it to themselves! :p ok, ok, probably either my red Valextra Boston bag or my Balenciaga Work. But hey, if I get the SC, maybe that'll take both their places! :)

10. wow... last one already! Guess it has to be an accessory.... I'd like to say that black jade cuff bangle from my mum, or even the creepy-cool "roots" necklace from Shing, but to be honest, it'd have to be my rings from A. Those I really couldn't do without.

What can't you live without?

If you're interested, here are a few ideas from garance, and emmanuelle alt. And no, I'm not really turning into a creepy stalker... I'll get back to normal posts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment