Sunday, August 29, 2010

Jeggings - yea or nay?


It's almost a philosophical divide - those who are pro jeggings and those who would rather die a slow painful death. I've always been in the latter camp, not least because most skinny jeans and leggings look terrible on me. As I result, I decided early on this trend was clearly meant for skinny people who don't have to deal daily with the question of how to find pants that fit at both the waist and the hips. I would just stick with what worked for me and trends be damned.

Problem is, trends have a sneaky habit of creeping into your consciousness and I couldn't keep pairing some of my more voluminous tops with shorts all the time.... and with perfect timing Gap decided to do their take on jeggings and they are exactly what I needed!

Now while I'm sure you're tired of hearing about Gap from me, these jeggings need a little bit of explanation. These are decidedly not leggings printed or sewn to look like jeans. Quite the opposite in fact - they're jeans which are meant to fit like leggings. Basically Gap's introduced a high stretch, soper soft material and then just sewn it in skinny jeans style and I am loving the results. They are sooo comfortable to wear and the fit is amazing! I actually had to size down, which was a bit of a shock, but even then, there was no hint of muffin top. So if you're looking for a pair of well fitting skinny jeans and haven't had any luck elsewhere, this could be your answer.

In a word, amazing.

So much so, that I paid full price for them and didn't even wait for them to go on sale.

You can thank me later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment