Saturday, August 7, 2010

July was open season

... shopping-wise at least. What with a NY trip planned plus all the sales plus going stir crazy generally, I think I went a little nuts. Ironically, most of the shopping wasn't done in NYC, but it's possible that might have to do with the fact that I managed to blow all my cash before I even got there! Now that I think about it, I suspect I'm going to have to break this up into a few posts, if only to avoid shocking myself!

First, let me get this out of the way - I LOVE clogs! not just like them... more like a serious obsession. Must be some kind of nostalgia thing (I think the first pair of shoes I chose for myself looked a bit like these), but I really love how they look. So because I could never bring myself to pay for the (admittedly beautiful) Chanel ones, I went on a bit of a Jeffery Campbell spree.... surprisingly, his shoes are actually really comfortable. In fact, I liked them so much, I ended up buying them in 2 colours plus another pair of wedges (don't ask - I'm just going to quietly put the pictures here)

Exhibit A: Jeffery Campbell Charli clogs (now on sale, if you wear a sz 9 or 10)






In my defence, even E. bought a pair of the Snicks (as did 2 of my colleagues and my mum) so I feel at least like I can tell myself they were probably a good buy.

And in a classic case of obsession, I finally caved and bought a Christopher Ross belt. This madness was brought on of course, by the lovely Judy Aldrige from Atlantis Home. I think she's mentioned on her blog before that she used to be able to get CR buckles for less than $20, and now they're going for about $300 on average on ebay, with the rarer ones going for much much more. I guess that's the one downside to having a popular blog.


Anyway, here's the incredibly realistic snake belt I got. I'll have to do an outfit post as soon as I figure out what to wear it with, but I have to say that the detail on the CR buckles is just amazing. Somehow they just look so alive, which really differentiates them from most other animal belts. I'm not actually much of a fan of animal belts, but CR really does feel like you're collecting sculpture.

Hisssssssss.....

No comments:

Post a Comment