Friday, August 20, 2010

mind the gap

This is probably really uncool to say, but I really love Gap. I've literally read so many posts and articles on how underwhelming their clothes are, but I always find things to love there, and not even just from their designer collabs (though those are often great). For example I bought some really fantastic tank tops at the sale recently and absolutely love them... I also have been really impressed with the fit of their new jeans collections. My newest obsession though is a pair of cropped black skinny pants.

A bit of background might be required here - I have been looking for ages for a pair of skinny black pants that (1) aren't skin tight (2) are smart enough for work (3) actually fit me and (4) are reasonably flattering, and it's been remarkably difficult to find a pair that meet all 4 criteria. Enter the Gap slim cropped pants! these fit absolutely perfectly (on me they're not actually crops tho!) and actually filled a gap in my wardrobe (no pun intended), and the latter, if you know me at all, is in itself a minor miracle. Not only that, I picked them up on a last minute trip to the store just before I left NY and for reasons I still don't understand, I got 25% off (I love shopping in the US!).

Unfortunately the stellar price I got is now making me hard to swallow the price that's being charged in Singapore (S$99 vs. US$37). Which is a shame cos I would seriously have considered getting a second pair if they were cheaper. I guess I'll have to wait for the sale...or better still, now that gap.com will ship to Singapore, I can order them online if they go on sale there! I am geekily super excited about them shipping to Singapore... sad I know.

In the meantime, here's what's on my wishlist (besides the cropped pants):



lovely basic suede tote... maybe not in yellow, but I'm really loving the persimmon.


now this I am seriously tempted by. Would need to try it on in the store though I think.

Or that earlier band jacket but in tweed....


No comments:

Post a Comment